2/15/2011

Enabling the digital home: iControl's broadband management platform

I can't believe I missed this one. Recently, I've been profiling some of the cool QNX-based devices that wowed the crowds at this year's CES conference. These devices included the BlackBerry PlayBook, the BMW ConnectedDrive system, and the Audi 3G MMI system.

There was one system I missed, however: iControl's broadband home management platform, which uses an ARM-powered, QNX-controlled touchscreen to deliver home security, energy management, and home healthcare. The device offers multiple connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and ZigBee — the latter allows the system to integrate with thermostats, smart bulbs, light switches, motion detectors, and other devices.

Okay, enough from me. Let's listen to Jason Domangue from iControl as he provides a guided tour of the system:



News Flash: I just found out that the iControl system will be featured in the QNX booth at Embedded World.

 

No comments: